Strict curfew, communication blackout continues in occupied Kashmir

India to produce doctored video of fake skirmish with Pakistan: sources


Pakistan has asked the United Nations Security Council to summon a session on the deteriorating situation in occupied Kashmir, after India revoked its special status.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi wrote a letter to the UNSC president today, asking that the Indian act, which ia unconstitutional and against the conventions of the United Nations, should be discussed in a session.
The foreign minister stated that if India continues the acts of aggression then Pakistan will not stay silent. “We are willing to go to any lengths for our defence,” mentioned the foreign minister, adding that the events of February 2018 stand as a testimony to his statement.
The FM had earlier announced that Pakistan would approach the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) over India’s move to revoke Article 370. During a news conference, Qureshi said he hand conveyed to his Indian counterpart S Jaishankar that New Delhi’s stance of revoking Article 370 being an internal matter had been dismissed by Islamabad. “I said this was not right and Pakistan dismisses this stance. Occupied Kashmir is an internationally recognised dispute. There are several UNSC resolutions on this and making those as the basis we have decided to once again go to the UNSC.”
Strict curfew and communication blackout continued in occupied Kashmir for a ninth day after a security lockdown since last Monday, when India’s Hindu-majority government rescinded years of autonomy and gave full control to New Delhi. Officials eased restrictions earlier Sunday but imposed them again on Monday afternoon amid a tense atmosphere in the main city of Srinagar.
The Indian troops had clamped tight restrictions on mosques across the valley for Eid-ul-Azha festival, fearing anti-government protests over the stripping of the region’s autonomy, according to residents. Internet and phone communications have been cut and tens of thousands of troop reinforcements have flooded the main city of Srinagar and other towns and villages in the occupied valley.
Residents had been confined to their houses due to stringent restrictions amid all the communication links of the territory with the outside world snapped by the authorities. Lockdown continues in occupied Kashmir on Eid-ul-Azha. Monday, which marked the first day of Eid-ul Azha, saw people not being able to offer Eid prayers and slaughter sacrificial animals. According to Kashmir Media Service, announcements were made on loudspeakers and people were warned not to come out of their houses. The Himalayan region’s biggest mosque, the Jama Masjid, was ordered shut and people were only allowed to pray in smaller local mosques so that no big crowds could gather.
The Indian army is making attempts to produce a doctored video, in which a fake skirmish with Pakistan will be shown, informed diplomatic sources on Tuesday. Sources said that the Indian army will make a video of the fake skirmish inside the occupied Kashmir and make it appear as if it’s across the Line of Control.
The Indian army has installed posts and Pakistani flags for the production of fake skirmish video. Sources said that the doctored video of skirmish is to deviate attention from the ongoing violence in occupied Kashmir since its special status was revoked.
Pakistan’s top leadership, including Prime Minister Imran Khan, had hinted about India producing another fake story such as the surgical strikes (in 2016) and the Pulwama attack, to pin blame on Pakistan. The surgical strikes were widely debunked by the international media.

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to Newsletter