Pak-Argentina JWG imperative to promote bilateral trade: Argentinian Envoy

82

Islamabad: Ambassador of Argentina to Pakistan Mr. Leo Poldo Francisco Shores has said that a joint working group in the industrial sector is imperative to promote Pak-Argentinean bilateral trade as well as economic cooperation between the two countries.

He was addressing a meeting of members of Pakistan’s Hosiery Manufacturers & Exporters Association today [Thursday].

He said that Argentina and Pakistan had been enjoying diplomatic relations for the last seven decades, but trade volume between the two countries was nominal, which needed to be increased.

He said that though Argentina had a strong economy, its local factories could produce textile products only to cater to 40 percent domestic needs while the remaining 60 percent needs were fulfilled through exports and Pakistani exporters should avail this opportunity to the maximum extent.

He also stressed the need for the exchange of trade delegations of both countries and said that it was essential to strengthen contacts between the industrialists for increasing trade volume.

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to Newsletter
close-link