Meagre tax collection burdens country with loans

PM Khan urges nation to benefit from asset declaration scheme

140

OUR CORRESPONDENT
ISLAMABAD/MEDINA/ MAKKAH
Prime Minister Imran Khan in a message to the nation, Thursday addressed the dire taxation issue being faced by the country where only 1% people out of a population of 220 million are tax filers. Prime Minister Pakistan in a recorded video message addressing the nation says, I am here to discuss a very critical matter with the people of Pakistan, only 1% of the population is filing taxes and bearing the weight of the other 99%. If you do not pay your taxes then we can’t help rebuild the country, we can’t work on hospitals, schools and basic infrastructure due to lack of tax collection, said the PM. Prime Minister in the video assures the nation to guard their wealth and not relegate it to corruption and theft. The PM in closing said that due to meagre tax collection the country resorts to applying for loans. The Prime Minister urged the citizens to declare their assets by 30th June 2019 and contribute to the growth & prosperity of the country. Prime Minister Imran Khan is currently in Medina, Saudi Arabia from where he will head towards Jeddah to appear in the 14th Summit of Origination of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), to be held in Makkah on May 31. Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday paid respect at Roza-e-Rasool (Peace Be Upon Him) and offered Navafil and Namaz-e-Asar in Masjid-e- Nabvi. The Prime Minister also offered Navafil at Riyadhul-Jannah. On his arrival, the doors of Roza-e-Rasool (Peace Be Upon Him) were especially opened for the Prime Minister. Later, the prime minister left for Jeddah, a press statement of the PM Office said. The prime minister would represent Pakistan at the 14th OIC Summit to be held in Makkah on Friday.The summit will be chaired by Khadimul Harmain Sharifain King Salman bin Abdil Aziz Alsaud. The title of the conference is Makkah Summit: Together for the Future. Chaired by King Salman, the conference aims to develop a unified stance on current issues and events in the Islamic world. Ahead of the summit, a meeting of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers was held in Jeddah. It deliberated on adopted outcome documents for the Makkah Summit. Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Summit, being held in Makkah from today. The Prime Minister will represent the country at the summit titled ‘Makkah Summit: Together for the Future, hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, which aims at developing a unified stance of Muslim leaders on rising tension in the Gulf.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to Newsletter
close-link