Mauricio Pochettino sad over touchline ban

95

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says he is in shock after being given an unfair two-match touchline ban for angrily confronting referee Mike Dean after his side’s 2-1 defeat at Burnley. The 47-year-old Argentine accepted a Football Association charge of improper conduct and was also fined £10,000. Pochettino previously said he crossed the line in the 23 February league game and made a public apology to Dean.

I am in shock. I still think it’s unfair. I can do nothing, he said. Speaking at a news confer­ence before Saturday’s Premier League trip to Southampton, he added it’s my first time here when I’m not completely right in my behaviour but I feel that it’s too much. I feel a bit sad with the punishment.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to Newsletter
close-link